Section 508 Website Accessibility

Certain documents on this site are available as a Portable Document Format (PDF) file. PDF content requires Adobe's Acrobat Reader and can be downloaded by visiting

The University encourages anyone needing assistance in accessing content found on the University's website to contact the FGCU office or department that maintains the webpage. For an accessible version of PDF material, please contact FGCU Adaptive Services at or by calling 239 590-7956.

Skip to site navigation Skip to main content
Skip to main content
Finance and Accounting

Finance and Accounting

Surplus Inventory


In accordance with University Regulation FGCU-PR7.008D, the VP of Administrative Services has appointed a Surplus Property Survey Board to examine and make recommendations on approval or disapproval of the classification of University owned equipment as surplus. 

Surplus property shall not be sold, donated, cannibalized, traded-in or recycled without prior written authority form the Surplus Property Survey Board.

The Property Survey Board meets once a month to review the method of disposal and the relief of accountability requests submitted by the departments.

If the department wants to transfer items to their budget, complete a Property Transfer form. The department property manager or designated representative must visit the warehouse to verify the condition of the items requested, and to subsequently deliver the original Property Transfer form (with an authorized signature) to the Property Accountant.

This property is free to the departments, however the department may be charged by the Work Management Center for any physical moves required in the transfer. All work orders and property transfers for moving items into and out of Surplus Property will be initaited and approved by the Property Department.


The Property Department does not warrant the working condition of items in the surplus inventory. It is the responsibility of the department representative to assess the working condition of the requested item(s) before transferring the item from Surplus to the department.