Office of Adaptive Services
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd. S.
Fort Myers, FL 33965
The Office of Adaptive Services strives to promote the knowledge that if both the individual and the Office work together, academic and personal success will be achieved. For this to happen, the individual and the Office of Adaptive Services need to understand their rights and responsibilities as outlined below.
1. It is the right of the individual to obtain services and accommodations in order to have equal opportunity and access to academic success such as is granted to their peers .
2. It is also the right of the individual to expect these services and accommodations be respectful in nature so as to ensure their learning differences are seen as only differences.
1. It is the right of the Office of Adaptive Services to uphold the academic standards set by FGCU. As a result, we reserve the right to limit or deny accommodations and services that:
2. It is also the right of the Office of Adaptive Services to limit or deny those services that are not supported by documentation.
3. Finally, it is the right of the Office of Adaptive Services to request additional documentation if the documentation presented is out of date or is insufficient for providing services and accommodations.
1. It is the responsibility of the individual to provide proper documentation, express problems or concerns with the Office of Adaptive Services in a timely manner, request accommodations and services as needed and take advantage of those services that are provided.
2. It is also the responsibility of the individual to maintain FGCU’s academic standards and comply with the rules and regulations that have been formed for all individuals to adhere to while attending the institution.
1. It is the responsibility of the Office of Adaptive Services to require appropriate documentation to determine eligibility, provide reasonable accommodations and services based on documented need, and use complete confidentiality of records unless student permission is given.
2. It is also the responsibility of the Office of Adaptive Services to maintain the respect and integrity of the individuals who partake in the services and accommodations that the Office provides.