Florida Gulf Coast University considers a student to be a freshman or first-time-in-college (FTIC) applicant if they:
- Are in the process of graduating or have graduated from a regionally accredited high school and have completed no more than 11 semester credit hours of transferable college work after high school graduation.
- Are in the process of completing or have completed a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and have completed no more than 11 transferable semester hours of college work.
- Are a current Dual Enrolled student that is graduating or that has just graduated from high school.
**FGCU will use the weighted, or district, GPA as reported on your high school transcript. If your transcript does not include a weighted GPA, then one will be calculated using your grades in the following subjects (please see Freshman Admission Requirements for more detailed information):
- 4 units of English (at least three with substantial writing);
- 4 units of Mathematics at the level of Algebra I or higher (Algebra A and Algebra B is equivalent to one unit of Algebra I);
- 3 units of Natural Science (at least two with a laboratory);
- 3 units of Social Science (includes history, political science, and economics);
- 2 units of the same sequential foreign language; and
- 2 academic electives.
- One point will be added for credits earned in Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), Dual Enrollment (DE) courses for grades of C or higher, and Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE) courses for grades of C or higher.
- One half unit will be added for Honors, pre-AP, pre-IB, and pre-AICE courses for grades of C or higher.
All prospective students are encouraged to familiarize themselves with application deadlines and general information regarding the process of admission to Florida Gulf Coast University. Please read over the Freshman Admission Requirements and Freshman Admission Process before applying. Failure to do so may cause delay in application processing.
Foreign Language Requirement
Applicants must meet the foreign language requirements to qualify for admissions.