We appreciate your interest in scheduling a group tour at Florida Gulf Coast University and hope to accommodate your group’s visit request! Our group tours are 1 hour and 30 minutes long, but can be modified to fit your group’s time constraints. The tour includes a driving tour around campus and athletics (if bus transportation is provided by group), a walking tour of main campus (including academic buildings, plaza, and Student Union), and a walk-through of a model suite in freshman housing. Please be aware, we do not include information sessions with our tours; however, the tour is led by a student Admissions Representative who will provide information and brochures regarding admissions and enrollment.
Group Tour Information:
Group tours are scheduled at the following times:
- Monday—Thursday at 8:30 a.m. and noon
- Select Fridays at noon only
If you have any questions or would like to make a group tour reservation, please fill out our reservation form and complete our Group Tour Expectations Form or contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Tour Guidelines:
- Special Group tours are limited to only high school and college bound groups (grades 9-12) of up to 100 people. College transfer student groups will also be accommodated. Local community organizations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Elementary and middle school students cannot be accommodated in a group tour setting. Scheduling preference is given to college bound groups. If you have a group of students younger than high school age interested in visiting campus, you may visit Florida Gulf Coast University on your own by participating in a self-guided walking tour. Self-Guided brochures as well as student information packets can be picked up from the Welcome Center front desk on the date of your visit. Please let us know of your visit ahead of time to allow for packet preparation. The Welcome Center is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Group tours must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance of the desired date of your visit. Oftentimes, group tours are scheduled up to 6 months in advance. Last-minute requests are often difficult to accommodate due to staffing and scheduling needs.
- If your group decides to tour campus by soliciting a guide not employed by the FGCU Welcome Center – you must inform the Campus Visit Intern of the student’s name at least one week in advance.
- Tour Companies must have a contracted and confirmed group to schedule a campus tour. Tentative reservations for open group tours are NOT permitted. Tour Companies are also not permitted to reserve multiple group tour dates prior to finalizing a travel schedule for a group. Group tour dates can only be reserved for committed Tour Companies who are certain of a group’s confirmed travel schedule with their company. If a Tour Company makes multiple reservation requests and cancels the reservation multiple times for lack of “group participation,” the Tour Company may be denied future group tour requests at Florida Gulf Coast University.
- Requested dates for group tours are not guaranteed until the group has successfully submitted their completed Group Tour Expectations form AND the group has received their Group Tour Confirmation e-mail from the Campus Visit Intern.