Section 508 Website Accessibility

Skip to site navigation Skip to main content
Skip to main content
Admissions Prospective Students

Admissions - Undergraduate

Follow us on Twitter Join us on Facebook Browse our photos on Flickr Browse our photos on Flickr View our videos on YouTube
Step 1: Undergraduate Prospective Students
Apply Now
Information For
Information About
Related Links

Contact Information
Undergraduate Admissions
Howard Hall (main floor)
10501 FGCU Boulevard South
Fort Myers, Florida

(239) 590-7878
(888) 889-1095

International Student Admission


FGCU is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. Applicants are classified as international if they are not United States citizens, dual citizens, or permanent residents, and if they are applying for an F-1 student visa or a J-1 Exchange Visitor visa (Exchange visitors are classified as either scholar or student). International students may apply to study in any degree program or major for which the University has been granted authorization by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Student Exchange Visitor Program, or U.S. Department of State to enroll international students. Degree majors with program designs and limitations that do not comply with federal regulations or are pending federal approval are not open to international student applicants.

Visa Information and I-20 Forms: The Office of Admissions issues the I-20 Form (the certificate of eligibility to study in the U.S.) to International Students who intend to pursue full time studies to obtain a degree (undergraduate or graduate). An I-20 Form will not be issued to any student who does not meet the university admission and U.S. immigration requirements. International Students must present the I-20 Form to a U.S. Embassy or Consulate when applying for a student visa (generally this will be an F-1 visa). If you currently have a U.S. visa, and are in the U.S., you may be required to complete a Visa Clearance Form  or submit additional immigration forms. You may also need to present your I-94 Card, your passport, a U.S. visa and any other immigration documents you currently hold, to the Office of Admissions.

If you currently have a visa other than an F-1 visa, you should contact the Office of Admissions to discuss your immigration status. Each visa category has restrictions on whether or not the visa holder can enroll at the university. Prospective students who have visas, passports or other immigration documents that are expired may need to seek the services of an immigration attorney. Florida Gulf Coast University does not provide legal advice on immigration matters. Prospective students who are determined to be "out of status" with immigration, cannot be admitted to the university.

For information on credits, scholarships and financial aid, medical insurance, housing and transportation, please refer to our International Student Admission Guide.

Learn more about International Student Scholarship Opportunities.

Immunization Record: All International students must provide proof of vaccination against Rubella and Measles (MMR) as described in the immunization policy before registering for classes. The Florida Legislature, recognizing the potential fatal nature of hepatitis B and meningococcal diseases, has enacted legislation effective July 1, 2008, that all new matriculating students must provide documentation of vaccinations against meningococcal meningitis and hepatitis B OR provide a signed waiver for each declined vaccination. This is in addition to the existing requirements for measles and rubella (MMR) vaccines. A student is unable to waive out of the MMR requirement. For more information on required immunizations, please visit the web page of Student Health Services.

The International Services Office provides support services for International Students, who have been admitted to the university. This includes: orientation to living and studying in the U.S., assistance with cross-cultural adjustment and transition issues, information on and assistance with U.S. Immigration documents and regulations, and integrates international students into the university and community experience.