Section 508 Website Accessibility

Skip to site navigation Skip to main content
Skip to main content
First Year Advising

First Year Advising - Florida Gulf Coast University

Follow us on Twitter Join us on Facebook Browse our photos on Flickr
First Year Advising
Admitted Students
Enrolled Students
Transitioning Students
Parents and Guests

FGCU Main Campus
McTarnaghan Hall Suite 229

Mailing Address
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Boulevard South
Fort Myers, FL 33965-6565
(800) 590-3428(FGCU)

Main Office
McTarnaghan Hall 229
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM
(239) 590-7875
(239) 590-7862 {fax}

South Village Office
Eagle Hall 4001 (4th floor)
Hours: Mon-Thur 8 AM - 7 PM &
  Fri 8 AM - 5 PM
(239) 745-4300
(239) 745-4336 {fax}

Contact Email
*email response time may be up to 1-2 business days.



Here are some administrative forms that undergraduate students often need during their college careers:

Add/Drop Form

This form is used to submit schedule changes when a student has a hold on their record that does not allow them to make the change on their own through Gulfline.  Students should consult the academic calendar regarding the end of the add/drop period, the last day to withdraw without academic penalty, and the deadline for a complete withdrawal for a given semester.  

Students seeking approval from an instructor for a class add should have the instructor sign in the designated area within the add/drop form. Students seeking approval for a course offered by the Lutgert College of Business add should contact a business advisor (239-590-7302) instead of the instructor.

To withdraw from all classes students should use the withdrawal form.

Authorization to Release Information to a Third Party Form

According to the Family Education Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA), if students want to provide access to their educational, financial aid, and business office records to any outside party (typically family members), they must grant permission for each specific individual in writing through this authorization form, which is submitted to (and maintained by) the Office of the Registrar.    

Permissions granted by the student with this form are not permanent and may be rescinded at the student's request at any time.

Change of Major Form

The change of major form is used to declare a major and must be submitted to a first year advisor or a college advisor.  Having a major declared by the beginning of the sophomore year is recommended to maintain a timely graduation date.

Fee Adjustment Request Form

Students with extenuating circumstances (such as illness or hospitalization) who withdraw from one or more courses during a semester can use this form to seek an adjustment of the fees associated with those courses.  Fee adjustment requests should be submitted to the Office of the Registrar with accompanying documentation of extenuating circumstances and a statement offering clarification of a student's rationale for seeking fee adjustment.  Fee adjustment requests are reviewed by a committee, and their decision is final.  

Registration Form

Students may use this form to work out their schedule before completing the course registration process in Gulfline.  If a student is meeting with an advisor to discuss course selection for the upcoming semester, this form should be completed first. 

Request for Reinstatement of Registration Form 

This form is used when a student is cancelled from their course registration due to non-payment of tuition and fees by the fee payment deadline as noted on the official academic calendar.  Students must submit this form to the Office of the Registrar, along with accompanying documentation for why the tuition was not paid on time.  Students who have been cancelled for non-payment should continue to attend classes, but must submit this form and resolve outstanding tuition and fee payments with the cashier's office within 30 days of registration cancellation. 

Reinstatement will also require payment of a late fee penalty, in addition to all outstanding tuition and fees.  

Schedule Block Sheet

This scheduling sheet is a good tool to lay out your schedule by day and time to make sure no class selections overlap.  Don't forget to write down all of your course reference number selections (CRN's).

Transient Course Request 

Students who intend to enroll in a course at another school in the state of Florida must complete a Transient Student Admission Application through the FloridaShines website.  Completing this process ensures that the course you will take at the transient institution will transfer back to FGCU.  Your advisor can assist you in understanding more about this process and how your credits will meet degree requirements.  

Withdrawal Form

The withdraw form is used when a student intends to completely withdraw from all courses in a given term.  Complete withdrawals done prior to or during the add/drop period result in 100% refund.  Complete withdraws done after the add/drop period may result in 25% refund if the process is completed prior to the deadline noted on the official academic calendar

Students withdrawing for medical or other extenuating circumstances may want to complete a medical withdrawal form.  Consult with an advisor in First Year Advising or your College for information about this process.   

(Click here for all Registrar's Office Forms)