The CAA offers free small group peer tutoring by appointment for select subjects at FGCU. The goal of tutoring is not to get students to the right answer, but to help them develop the skills necessary to understand the concepts behind the problems.
Scroll Down to Make an Appointment
Spring Tutoring Begins January 14| Book your appointments starting January 11
Spring Courses Supported
Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2
Biology 1 & 2
General Chemistry 1 & 2
College Physics 1 & 2
General Physics 1 & 2
Organic Chemistry 1 & 2
French - All Levels
Spanish - All Levels
[ open ]
Appointment Scheduling Information
- Appointments can start at 60 minutes increments.
- Appointment duration is 50 minutes
- You are allowed to set 1 appointments per day.
- You are allowed to set 2 appointments per week.
- Allowed appointment durations (in minutes) are .
- Appointments must be scheduled a day in advance.
[ open ]
In order to log into the appointment system, follow these steps:
- Click on the link below
- Enter your UIN for ID and Password (default password is your UIN, If you would like to change your password, you can do so by clicking on the "Profile" option)
- Click on Appointments
- Click on Create Appt. Student
- For Category, select "Tutoring Lab", For Activity select your subject
- Set the timeframe for your appointment, appointments can only be made up to one week in advance
- Select your tutor
- Select your day/time
- Once you have selected your appointment, you will receive an email confirmation.
[ open ]
Appointment Cancellation Policy
- Students must cancel a session the day prior to their scheduled appointment.
- A student is allowed two cancellations per courseper semester.
- If a student does not arrive for the scheduled tutoring appointment within the first 15 minutes of the appointment time, this is considered a "no-show."
After two no-shows or cancellations a student will not be able to schedule another tutoring appointment until the student has met with the Tutoring Services Coordinator, Gail Mishler, email@example.com.
Questions about logging in? Read the steps above, under "in order to log log into the appointment sytem...", then contact Gail Mishler at 239-745-4407.
Spring Drop in Tutoring schedule will be available in January 2019
Additional support for math courses is available through the Department of Mathematics Tutoring
Support for accounting courses is available through the FGCU Accounting Society Tutoring