Political Science majors are not eligible for the minor in Political Science.
The Minor in Political Science provides non-political science majors the opportunity to explore the field of political science through a six-course (18 credit hour) program of study.
- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required in all courses for the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must:
- Note the minor on the Application for Graduation.
- Contact a college advisor to certify completion of all course requirements for the declared minor as listed below.
Complete any two of the following introductory (1000-2999) courses: CPO 2001, INR 2005, INR 2015, POS 2041, POS 2112
Complete one upper-division (3000-4999) course from each of the following categories:
- One course in American Politics/Public Administration/Public Policy (POS, PAD, or PUP prefix), with the exception of POS 3043, POS 3272, POS 3703, POS 4905, POS 4941, and POS 4936.
- One course in Comparative Politics (CPO prefix), with the exception of CPO 3003 and CPO 4906.
- One course in International Relations (INR prefix), with the exception of INR 3003 and INR 4910.
- One course in Political Theory (POT prefix), with the exception of POT 4906.
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED: 18 HRS
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.