Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website www.fgcu.edu/graduate or contact Graduate Studies at 239-590-7988 or email@example.com for an application for admission and additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program. Applicants should check with the program for the most up to date admission requirements prior to commencing the application process.
Program Admission Requirements
Admission to the Environmental Science (MS) program is competitive and selective. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements for consideration may not necessarily be admitted into the program.
- A cover letter of introduction including your academic and career goals, and how FGCU can help you meet these goals.
- A statement of research interests, so that the program can identify an interim faculty mentor. This should be about one paragraph to one page in length.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent foreign institution in a field relevant to the field of research the applicant wishes to conduct.
- Official copies of all undergraduate transcripts with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale) for the last 60 semester hours of upper division undergraduate coursework. GPA from previous graduate coursework (if any) may also be taken into consideration.
- Official scores from the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) General Test (GRE Subject Test is not required). Interquartile scores for students recently admitted to the program are available at: https://www2.fgcu.edu/CAS/Env-Sci-MS/.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test) or 79 (internet-based test) for applicants whose baccalaureate degree was received in a country where English is not the official language.
- At least three letters of recommendation from people familiar with your academic and research potential.
- Completion of the following:
- General Ecology
- Introductory Statistics