Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website www.fgcu.edu/graduate or contact Graduate Studies at 239-590-7988 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application for admission and additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program. Applicants should check with the program for the most up to date admission requirements prior to commencing the application process.
The program has one application deadline per year: February 15.
Program Admission Requirements
- A cover letter of introduction including a statement of academic and career goals and interests.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent foreign institution.
- Official copies of undergraduate transcripts and scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test (GRE subject exam is not required). Interquartile scores on the GRE for students previously admitted to the program are available at the bottom of the MA home page at: https://www.fgcu.edu/CAS/EnvStudiesMA/index.asp.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 79 (internet-based) for international students from countries where English is not the primary language.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale) for the last 60 semester hours of upper division undergraduate coursework. GPA from previous graduate coursework (if any) may also be taken into consideration.
- At least three letters of recommendation from people familiar with the applicant's academic and research potential and/or professional experience.
- Completion of the following:
- One course in General Biology lab
- One environmental science course (e.g., Environmental Chemistry or Geology)
- One course in Environmental Policy or related professional experience