Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website www.fgcu.edu/graduate or contact Graduate Studies at 239-590-7988 or email@example.com for an application for admission and additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program. Applicants should check with the program for the most up to date admission requirements prior to commencing the application process.
Program Admission Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- At least 15 credits in History from a regionally accredited institution with a 3.0 GPA in all History courses.
- A 3.0 GPA for the last 60 hours of the baccalaureate degree (GRE not required). For applicants with less than 3.0 GPA for the last 60 hours of the baccalaureate degree, a minimum verbal GRE score of 500 (old) or 153 (revised) and a minimum analytical score of 4.5.
- Minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) for international students who speak English as a second language.
- Two letters of recommendation from past professors or mentors.
- A writing sample of 3,000 words or more.
- Personal statement of interest in pursuing graduate work in history (2-3 pages). The statement should be written in clear, formal academic prose and should explain your motivation in pursuing a Master's degree; your career goals; and the intended focus or specialization of your graduate studies. The letter will be strengthened by specific references to relevant experience or training.
If you are interested in taking one or more graduate-level courses without being admitted into a program at this time
, please visit the Non Degree-Seeking Student Web site
- Start early to allow enough time to complete the process (6 months before you want to start class is advised).
- Identify the faculty who you are interested in working with.
- Review the admission deadline for the program (View Deadlines).
- Review admission requirements for the program.
- Review standardized test requirements (GRE and TOEFL for International Students) for the program.
- To apply for graduate studies or for more information, please visit Graduate Studies.
- Complete the application and submit it with the nonrefundable $30 application fee (check or money order) to:
- Have your official college transcripts sent to the Office of Graduate Studies. (If your undergraduate degree is from FGCU, skip this step.)
- International Students are urged to visit the Office of International Services Web site for additional requirements and earlier deadlines.