Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website www.fgcu.edu/graduate or contact Graduate Studies at 239-590-7988 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application for admission and additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program. Applicants should check with the program for the most up to date admission requirements prior to commencing the application process.
Program Admission Requirements
The minimum requirements for admission to the M.S. Mathematics program in the College of Arts & Sciences are as follows:
- A cover letter of introduction and expression of interest
- A baccalaureate degree in mathematics or related discipline from an accredited institution of higher learning
- An official copy of all undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 maximum scale for the most recent 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- An official copy of all score reports from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE); GRE subject exams are not required
- Minimum GRE scores of 148 and 153 in the Verbal and Quantitative Reasoning sections, respectively.
- A minimum Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) for students whose primary language is not English
- Two letters of recommendation from academic sources capable of assessing your ability to succeed in a graduate program