Admissions Information for 2017-2018 Catalog Year
If you are not yet an FGCU student, visit the Admissions Office Website
If you are a newly-admitted FGCU student please be sure to sign up for an Eagle View Orientation session. As part of this session you will be meeting with an academic advisor who will assist you in registering for classes for your major.
Program Admission Requirements
- Submit an FGCU Undergraduate Admission Application and satisfy all applicable university admission requirements.
- *Limited Access: Submit a Bower School of Music Supplemental Application by June 1 for fall admission and November 1 for spring admission.
- A Performance Audition, Theory Placement Exam and Interview must be completed for acceptance consideration into the Music Limited Access Program.
- Attend an orientation session.
- Sign an Advising Agreement document.
*This means that students apply and are initially accepted into the University as a pre-music major student. An application and subsequent audition for acceptance into the music major is also required. Not all students who audition and meet the selection criteria are admitted into the limited access major. The selection process is very competitive and space is limited in each admission class.
- NOTE: Students admitted to the Bower School of Music are eligible to apply for a Music Scholarship. The Music Scholarships are awarded to assist individual students to obtain an education and to help create an institutional musical environment conducive to the musical growth of all students and the enhancement of the campus cultural environment. The Music Scholarship recipient must maintain an overall grade point average of 2.5 and have no grades of “F” in any class (unless later replaced by a grade of “C” or better). Also she/he must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 in music classes at FGCU and have no grades lower than “C” in any music class (unless later replaced by a grade of “C” or better), and demonstrate continuing progress in the principal performing medium as exhibited through applied lessons, ensemble performance, recital appearances, and jury examinations.
Visit the Admissions Office Web site for information on admission deadlines of the university.