Pharmacy Technician Certification
Pharmacy Technician Online
Dates: Start Now/Start Anytime
Pharmacy technicians enjoy a rewarding career in the constantly growing and evolving field of health care. Pharmacy technicians can work in a variety of settings within the health care field, primarily in retail or hospital pharmacy, but with opportunities in insurance companies, mail order pharmacies, compounding pharmacies, nursing homes, and drug companies, among other places.
Online Course Format
- Students view all video lectures and notes online;
- Students will have access to email with an instructor when they have questions;
- Quizzes, midterm and final exams will be completed online;
- Students have the option to complete a 120 clock-hour externship at a local pharmacy through MK Education. The externship serves as working experience, as well as a reference for future employment. Externship is optional and at an additional fee. For more information on the cost of externship and how to be placed at a local pharmacy, contact MK Education at 630-541-3600 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Textbook fees are not included in tuition.
Areas of study include:
- Pharmacy Law
- Pharmacy Practice
- The Human Body
- Drug Classifications
- Drug Information
- Pharmaceutics and Kinetics
- Medication Dosage Forms
- Sterile Processing
- Medication Errors
- Disease States
- Billing and Insurance
- Pharmacy Calculations
Blending medicine, math and chemistry, this program will prepare you to
- assist pharmacists in preparing medications for patients;
- perform mathematical calculations;
- demonstrate a basic knowledge of medications;
- demonstrate an understanding of how medications work;
- have a basic understanding of drug interactions;
- have an understanding of the process of stocking and inventorying medications;
- have a basic understanding of common disease states.
- The maximum duration of the course is six months.
- If effort is put into learning the materials, the course should prepare you for the pharmacy technician certification examination, which is administered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or NHA. Successfully completing this exam makes you a "Certified Pharmacy Technician" giving you the initials of "CPhT" after your name.
Required Course Materals
- Mosby's Review for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination, 3rd Edition
by James J. Mizner, BS, MBA, RPh
$50.21 ORDER HERE
- Package: Manual for Pharmacy Technicians & Workbook
By Bonnie Bachenheimer, Mary McHugh
$104.00 ORDER HERE
(or) order the #2 packaged books individually
- Manual for Pharmacy Technicians, 4th Edition
By Bonnie S. Bachenheimer BS, PharmD
$85.00 ORDER HERE
- Workbook for the Manual for Pharmacy Technicians
By Mary McHugh
$39.00 ORDER HERE
- MK Education's Pharmacy & Medication Calculations
By Priti Shah
An eBook will be provided to you on your account.
If you would like to purchase a 3-hole punched printed copy for $23, please email email@example.com
No refunds granted after students access the online course materials.
||Start Now/Start Anytime
||Video lectures and notes online; quizzes, midterm and final online; email access to instructors
||Optional 120 hrs at location pharmacy (additional fee)
||$649 (+ optional externship)
For detailed information, please call 630-541-3600 xt8606 or visit mkedu.org.