The Post Masters Nurse Educator Certificate is for nurses who hold a Masters degree or Doctoral degree in Nursing and will prepare them for an academic nursing role.
Program Admission Requirements
- Submission of a FGCU Post-Baccalaureate Non-Degree Application to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Master's degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program with cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Submission of official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended.
- Current and unrestricted registration as a registered nurse with eligibility for Florida RN Licensure.
- Completion of the following courses (or equivalent) taken within the past five years:
- Graduate level Pathophysiology
- Graduate level Health Assessment
- Graduate level Pharmacology
- Graduate level Nursing Research/Evidence-based Practice
Progression and Additional Graduation Requirements
- Students must complete 17 credit hours specified by the certificate program.
- A grade of B or higher must be earned in all required courses.
- Satisfactory completion of Professional Portfolio.
NGR 6701 Academic Role of Nurs Educator (3)
NGR 6710 Teach & Assess Strat for Nsg Ed (3)
NGR 6711L Adv Clin Pract for Nurse Educ (2)
NGR 6712 Foundations of Nursing Educ. (3)
NGR 6713 Design&Eval of Nurs Curricula (3)
NGR 6941L Nurse as Educator Practicum (3)
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED: 17
Back to Previous Page