Post-baccalaureate non-degree-seeking enrollment allows a student who has already completed an undergraduate degree to enroll in selected courses on a space-available basis for a limited number of credits. Such enrollment does not guarantee subsequent admission to a graduate program at FGCU as a degree-seeking student.
Post-Baccalaureate non-degree seeking students must complete an application for admission, submit a non-refundable $30 application fee, and submit an official transcript with a bachelor's degree posted. An unofficial transcript may be used to begin the application process however, an official transcript must be received prior to registration for the second semester.
Individuals enrolling as post-baccalaureate non-degree seeking students are subject to the following:
- Post-baccalaureate non-degree applicants must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution and must submit an official transcript as part of the application process. An unofficial transcript may be submitted to begin the application process however, the official transcript must be received prior to registration for the second semester.
- Post-baccalaureate non-degree seeking students are subject to the same University rules and regulations as degree seeking students.
- International students may only enroll as post-baccalaureate non-degree seeking students with permission from the University due to limitations of certain visa statuses and federal regulations.
- With few exceptions (e.g., teacher certification), post-baccalaureate non-degree seeking students are not eligible to receive financial aid. Check with the Financial Aid Office for details.
- A post-baccalaureate non-degree seeking student dismissed from the University will not be eligible for admission as a degree seeking student.
- A post-baccalaureate non-degree seeking student must be in good academic standing at his/her previous institution (including FGCU) and eligible to return.
- Registration for classes is on a space-available basis and is subject to any required course prerequisites and other restrictions as determined by the applicable college of program.
- Post-baccalaureate non-degree seeking students who are subsequently admitted to a graduate program as a degree seeking student may apply a limited number of credit hours completed as a post-baccalaureate non-degree seeking student toward the completion of a graduate degree. Contact the program coordinator to determine restrictions on the acceptance of coursework earned as a post-baccalaureate non-degree seeking student, including any time limitations.
- Registration is in accordance with the deadlines posted on the academic calendar.
Students with undergraduate degrees who are returning to gain teacher certification or educators seeking re-certification may enroll in graduate courses on a non-degree seeking, space-available basis, when course prerequisites are met. There is no limit to the number of credits students may earn in this category (post-baccalaureate).