The M.A. in Educational Leadership program is for students seeking educational leadership opportunites in a variety of fields. Students with this degree typically work in higher education, P-12 education, community organizations, and in educational or training divisions in businesses, healthcare or public service. This program is composed of the program core (9 credits), concentration or focus area courses (15 credits), and restricted elective courses (12 credits) based on student's area of interest. Regardless of choice of electives, faculty advisors must approve all programs of study.
Program Admission Requirements
See program website at URL listed above.
Progression and Additional Graduation Requirements
- Students must satisfactorily complete the minimum number of credit hours specified by the graduate degree program.
- All elective courses require approval of the program advisor.
- A grade of B or higher must be earned in all College of Education graduate courses.
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all coursework in program.
- Final program completion is assessed through portfolio assessment.
- The College of Education limits the transfer of coursework into its graduate programs to a maximum of three courses or 12 credits. To be considered, courses must have been completed with a minimum grade of B and no more than seven years prior to the date of entry into the graduate program and no more than ten years prior to graduation from the graduate program.
- Required Courses (9 credits)
EDF 6401 Data and Analysis in Education (3)
EDA 6945 Internship I - Educ Leadership (3)
EDA 6946 Internship II - Educ Leadership (3)
- Restricted Electives (12 credits)
Students, in conjunction with their advisor, select electives from those offered in the graduate catalog that are not restricted to those programs or colleges. The following courses are suggestions that provide examples of those chosen by previous students that were guided by their areas of interest.
EDF 6461 Intro. to Program Evaluation (3)
EDF 6808 Global Context in Higher Ed (3)
EDH 6041 Higher Education Advising (3)
EDH 6042 Helping Skills in Advising (3)
EDH 6044 Career Development (3)
EDH 6045 Student Development Theory (3)
EDA 6061 Principles of Ed Leadership (3)
EDG 6326 Learning, Account & Assess (3)
EDG 6627 Found. of Curriculum & Instr. (3)
EME 6425 Tech for Educational Leaders (3)
- Restricted Coursework/Concentration (15 credits)
Select one of the following groupings:
No Concentration noted on transcript
Select 15 credits at the 5-6000 level in consultation with the program advisor.
Higher Education Concentration
EDH 6225 Curriculum Develop-Higher Ed (3)
EDH 6405 Law & Policy-Higher Ed (3)
EDH 6505 Finance in Higher Ed (3)
EDH 6634 Stud Personnel Svcs-Higher Ed (3)
EDH 6635 Org Structure-Higher Ed (3)
P-12 Education Concentration
EDA 6192 Organizational Development (3)
EDA 6232 School Law (3)
EDA 6242 School Budgets&Fin Reporting (3)
EDG 6391 Instructional Leadership (3)
EDS 6050 Human Resources Development (3)
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED: 36
Back to Previous Page