The M.A. in Educational Leadership program is for students not seeking Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) certification. Students with this degree typically work in educational or training divisions in businesses, healthcare, public service, Pre-K-12, or higher education. This program is composed of the program core, plus 18 hours of focus area courses and 9 elective credits in the student's area of interest. Regardless of choice of electives, all programs of study must be approved by faculty advisors. The electives may be taken from inside or outside the College of Education.
Program Admission Requirements
See program website at URL listed above.
Progression and Additional Graduation Requirements
- Students must satisfactorily complete the minimum number of credit hours specified by the graduate degree program.
- Electives may be taken from inside or outside of the College of Education. All electives must be approved by the program advisor.
- A grade of B or higher must be earned in all College of Education graduate courses.
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all coursework in program.
- Final program completion is assessed through portfolio assessment.
- The College of Education limits the transfer of coursework into its graduate programs to a maximum of 12 credits or three courses. To be considered, courses must have been completed with a minimum grade of B and no more than seven years prior to the date of entry into the graduate program and no more than ten years prior to graduation from the graduate program.
- Required Courses in the Major (9 credits)
EDF 6461 Intro. To Program Evaluation (3)
EDA 6945 Internship I - Educ Leadership (3)
EDA 6946 Internship II - Educ Leadership (3)
- Restricted Electives in the Major (9 credits)
Students, in conjunction with their advisor, select electives from those offered in the graduate catalog that are not restricted to those programs or colleges. The following courses are suggestions that provide examples of those chosen by previous students that were guided by their areas of interest.
EDA 6195 Policy Development (3)
PAD 6136 Public Mgmt in Political Env. (3)
PAD 6335 Strategic Planning (3)
Research and Assessment
EDF 6401 Data and Analysis in Education (3)
EDF 6449 Survey Research Design (3)
EDF 6481 Foundations of Educational Research (3)
EME 6425 Technology for School Leaders (3)
EME 6405 Technology Integration (3)
EDF 6469 Evaluation Tech Apps & Programs (3)
- Restricted Coursework/Concentration (18 credits)
Select one of the following groupings:
No Concentration noted on transcript
Select 18 credits at the 5-6000 level in consultation with the program advisor.
Higher Education Concentration
EDF 6808 Global Context in Higher Ed (3)
EDH 6225 Curriculum Develop-Higher Ed (3)
EDH 6405 Law & Policy-Higher Ed (3)
EDH 6505 Finance in Higher Ed (3)
EDH 6634 Stud Personnel Svcs-Higher Ed (3)
EDH 6635 Org Structure-Higher Ed (3)
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED: 36
Back to Previous Page