- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Successful completion or testing out of:
- FRE 1120C Beginning French 1(4)*
- FRE 1121C Beginning French 2 (4)*
- FRE 1133C Accelerated French (6)*
- FRE 2220C Intermediate French 1 (4)*
- FRE 2221C Intermediate French 2 (4)*
Successful completion of the following:
- FRE 3300 Adv French Written Expression (3)
- FRE 3410 Adv French Oral Expression (3)
Students who test out of required beginning or intermediate courses must select from the following courses to complete the required minimum of 17 hours. Students who do not test out of courses may also take elective courses in addition to the required courses.
- FRE 1952 French Study Abroad (1-6)
- FRE 4912 Independent Study in French (3)
- FRE 4930 Selected Topics in French (3)
- FRT 3140 Francophone Masterworks (3)
- FRT 3550 Faces of France (3)
- FRT 3800 French Translation Skills (3)
- LIT 3107 World Literature pre-1800
- LIT 3144 Modern European Novel (3)
- LIT 3107 World Literature pre-1800 (3)
- LIT 3191 World Literature post-1800 (3)
*Required beginning and intermediate courses can be exempted by obtaining an equivalency through a French Placement Test (contact program faculty for access to this test). Determination of equivalency will be made by the program faculty on the basis of this test and an oral interview with program faculty in French. Students who place out of required beginning and intermediate courses must fulfill the credit requirement for the minor with elective courses from the given list. Native or heritage speakers of French may complete the minor but may not enroll in beginning courses.
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED: 17-22
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit requirements in the student's degree program.
Back to Previous Page