Environmental Studies majors are not eligible for the minor in Environmental Education.
- Students must meet with a college advisor or declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must note the minor on the Application for Graduation.
Complete the following:
- EVR 4423 Teach & Learn Outdoors (3)
- EVR 4914 Interpreting the Environment (3)
- EVR 4924 Environmental Education (3)
Complete three hours from the following:
- BSC 1051C Enviro Bio-SW Fla Environment (3)
- ESC 1000C Intro Earth Science (3)
- EVR 1001C Intro Environmental Science (3)
- OCE 1001C Marine Systems (3)
Complete six hours from the following:
- ANT 2040C Foundations in Museum Studies (3)
- BOT 2800 Plants and Society (3)
- BOT 3153 Flora of Southwestern Florida (3)
- BSC 3303 Biogeography (3)
- CRW 2732 Introduction to Nature Writing (3)
- EVR 2264 Environmental Health (3)
- EVR 2861 Intro to Environmental Policy (3)
- EVR 3025 Cultural Ecology (3)
- EVR 4026 Human Ecology and Systems (3)
- EVS 4874C Climate Change Ecology (3)
- HUM 2395 Environmental Humanities (3)
- IDS 3143 Issues in Science & Technology (3)
- PCB 3043C General Ecology (3)
- SPC 3543 Ecological Communication (3)
- ZOO 3205C Invertebrate Zoology (3)
- ZOO 3713C Vertebrate Form and Function (3)
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED: 18
Back to Previous Page