Non-degree seeking enrollment allows a student to enroll in courses on a space available basis and has been established for those individuals who do not have an immediate intention to pursue a degree program. Former FGCU degree seeking students who have not completed a degree program will not normally be permitted to enroll in a non-degree seeking category. Successful completion of courses while in this classification does not provide a basis for regular admission at a later date. Students seeking graduate courses on a non-degree-seeking basis are considered Post-Baccalaureate (Post-Bac) and should reference Graduate Admissions requirements.
Students enrolling in this classification are subject to the following regulations:
- Non-degree seeking students are subject to the same University rules and regulations as degree seeking students.
- International students may only enroll as non-degree seeking students with permission from the University due to limitations of certain visa statuses and federal regulations.
- Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to receive financial aid.
- Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to stay in University housing or to receive University honors.
- A degree seeking student denied admission to FGCU may not subsequently enroll as a non-degree seeking student. This restriction will be waived if the student subsequent to the denial from FGCU has completed a degree program or has been a student in good academic standing at another postsecondary institution. Official transcripts will be required in these cases.
- A non-degree seeking student dismissed from the University will not be eligible for
admission as a degree seeking student.
- A non-degree seeking student is limited to 15 credit hours of undergraduate coursework. A college may waive this restriction for students wishing to enter specific degree programs in special circumstances.
- Hours taken at FGCU as a non-degree-seeking student cannot be used to meet the 60 transferable hours required for admission as an upper division student.
- A non-degree seeking student must be in good academic standing at his/her previous institution (including FGCU) and eligible to return.
- Registration for classes is on a space-available basis; subject to any required course prerequisites and other restrictions as determined by the applicable College or Program.
- Registration is in accordance with the deadlines posted on the academic calendar.
- First-time-in-college students will not be allowed to enroll in a non-degree seeking status.
- Former degree seeking students at FGCU who have not completed a degree program will not normally be permitted to enroll in a non-degree seeking category.
Application procedures for non-degree seeking students or transient students are provided on the undergraduate admissions website and the Office of Records and Registration website.