The Supply Chain Management Bachelors of Science degree program will develop human potential in the field to World-Class levels, to meet the needs of our students and society, on a local, regional, national and international level. Under the umbrella of Supply Chain Management resides occupations in the functional arenas of operation management, procurement and strategic sourcing, and logistics management. The SCM program curriculum emphasizes a balanced and holistic approach to integrated supply chain management. Students graduating in this major will have a competitive advantage seeking employment due to the depth of the core knowledge requirements in the areas of purchasing, strategic sourcing, logistics, transportation, global supply chain management, operations excellence, analytics, enterprise resource planning and team building. Our program will distinguish itself locally, nationally, and internationally, with the inclusion of core knowledge regarding ethical decision-making and sustainability in the field of supply chain management. Ethics and sustainability are growing in importance to leading-edge firms as they execute global sourcing strategies within the auspices of Social Responsibility.
Progression and Additional Graduation Requirements
Degree-seeking students are classified as pre-majors prior to formal transition into a LCOB major. As pre-majors, students may enroll in lower level (1000-2999) courses to satisfy general education and common prerequisite requirements; lower level electives; and business common core courses, except GEB 4890, if course prerequisites are met. Pre-majors may not enroll in upper level (3000-4999) courses for the major.
Transition from a LCOB pre-major to a major happens following (a) completion of all common prerequisites with a minimum grade of C or higher in each course; and (b) completion of 50 earned hours of courses with a minimum FGCU GPA of 2.0.
For timely degree completion, FTIC (First Time in College) students are expected to complete the following:
- MAC 1105 with a minimum grade of B (or relevant accelerated credit or placement exam), ECO 2023 or ECO 2013 with minimum grade of C, one additional common prerequisite, and an overall 2.4 FGCU GPA within one calendar year from admission.
- Four common prerequisites by the end of the third semester (excluding summer) from admission
- Seven common prerequisites and an overall 2.7 FGCU GPA by the end of the fourth semester (excluding summer) from admission
- FIN 3403 with minimum grade of C by the end of the sixth semester (excluding summer) from admission
For timely degree completion, transfer students are expected to complete the following:
- Seven common prerequisites and an overall 2.7 FGCU GPA by the end of the third semester (excluding summer) from admission
- FIN 3403 with minimum grade of C by the end of the fifth semester (excluding summer) from admission
Students should refer to the Curriculum Map for milestone information. Curriculum maps for each major can be found at https://www.fgcu.edu/cob/.
In addition to the program requirements, students must:
- Earn a grade of C or higher in the common prerequisites, business common core, required courses in the major, and restricted electives/concentration.
- Complete a minimum of 120 credits with at least 48 hours at the upper division (3-4000 level).
- Complete the last 30 credits of business courses at FGCU.
- Complete a minimum of 12 credits of courses in the major at FGCU.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all coursework attempted at FGCU.
- Satisfy college-level skills and foreign language entrance requirements.
- Satisfy service learning requirement. See https://www.fgcu.edu/studentlife/servicelearning/.
- Complete the standardized business knowledge assessment exam administered during the last semester in GEB 4890 Business Strategy.
- Satisfy Civic Literacy requirement.
- FGCU General Education Program (https://www.fgcu.edu/academics/undergraduatestudies/generaleducation/)
- To prevent or minimize excess hours, select general education courses that satisfy common prerequisite requirements for your intended major.
- Common Prerequisites
Some common prerequisite courses require prior knowledge and skills demonstrated through degree acceleration programs (e.g., the College Board's Advanced Placement Program [AP], International Baccalaureate Program [IB], College-Level Examination Program [CLEP], Advanced International Certificate of Education Program [AICE]); dual enrollment; placement exam; or college coursework.
FGCU Course: ACG 2021 Intro to Financial Accounting (3) Minimum grade of C
Acceptable Substitute: ACGX021 or ACGX022 or (ACGX001 and ACGX011)
FGCU Course: ACG 2071 Intro to Managerial Accounting (3) Minimum grade of C
Acceptable Substitute: ACGX071 or ACGX301
FGCU Course: CGS 1100 Computer Software & Technology (3) Minimum grade of C
Acceptable Substitute: BULX131 or CGSX092 or CGSX100 or CGSX570 or CGSX531 or GEBX350 or MANX440 or PHIX600
FGCU Course: ECO 2013 Princ of Macro Economics (3) Minimum grade of C
Acceptable Substitute: ECOX013
FGCU Course: ECO 2023 Princ of Micro Economics (3) Minimum grade of C
Acceptable Substitute: ECOX023
FGCU Course: MAC 2233 Elementary Calculus I (3) Minimum grade of C
Acceptable Substitute: MACX233 or MACX281 or MACX311
[Prerequisites of MAT 1033 minimum grade of C then MAC 1105 minimum grade of B; or relevant accelerated credit; or placement exam]
FGCU Course: STA 2023 Statistical Methods (3) Minimum grade of C
Acceptable Substitute: ESIX213 or STAX023 or STAX024 or STAX032 or STAX037 or STAX122 or QMBX100
- Business Common Core (27 credits)
BUL 3130 Legal & Ethical Enviro of Bus (3)
ENC 3250 Professional Writing (3) or GEB 3523 Critical Thinking for Business (3)
FIN 3403 Business Finance (3)
GEB 4890 Business Strategy (capstone) (3)
ISM 3011 Information Systems (3)
MAN 3025 Principles of Management (3)
MAR 3023 Introduction to Marketing (3)
SCM 3005 Supply Chain Management (3)
SPC 2023 Public Speaking (3)
- Required Courses in the Major (27 credits)
MAN 3623 Global Org. Behavior & Ethics (3)
QMB 3302 Business Analytics (3)
SCM 3142 Purchasing and Supply Chain Mgt (3)
SCM 3162 Operations Excellence (3)
SCM 3202 Logistics Management (3)
SCM 4143 Global Supply Chain Mgmt (3)
SCM 4212 Global Sourcing Strategy (3)
SCM 4941 Internship in Supply Chain (3) or SCM 4940 Industry Project (3)
TRA 4232 Transportation Mgt & Analytics (3)
- Restricted Electives (3 credits)
Select one of the following:
AEB 3350 Food Supply Chain Management (3)
ISM 4094 Enterprise Systems (3)
ISM 4332 Project Management (3)
SCM 4441 Supply Chain Innovations (3)
- University Requirements (3 credits)
IDS 3920 University Colloquium (3)
- Additional Electives - as needed to reach total credits required for the degree
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED: 120
Back to Previous Page