Section 508 Website Accessibility

Skip to site navigation Skip to main content
Skip to main content
Lutgert College of Business

Lutgert College of Business

COB Handbook - Adjunct Responsibilities


At arrival:

  • Send Official Transcripts to:

Florida Gulf Coast University
Office of Academic Affairs
10501 FGCU Blvd. South
Fort Myers, Fl. 33965-6565

  • Sign an Adjunct Overload Form with your Department Secretary.
  • Chairs are required to complete a Letter of Justification to ensure the adjunct is qualified to teach a specific course when the individual does not have 18 graduate credit hours in the teaching field. The completed and signed form and a current C.V. must be sent to the Associate Dean responsible for AACSB accreditation who will forward a copy to the office of the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
  • Attend an “On-Board” session at  Human Resources, at 590-1416  Information and schedule (
  • Contact the Academic and Event Technology Department for assistance in:

Learning to use the Classroom Podium
Using Syllabus Wizard
Learning to use Angel
Anything involving classroom and lab hardware and software

  • Email a copy of course syllabi to your Department Chair and the webmaster (
  • Supply copies of the following documents to the Department Secretary:

Office Hours or schedule of availability
Textbook orders (approval at the discretion of the Department's Chairperson)

  • The LCOB Business Manager will set up an e-mail account for you. A user ID and password will be assigned.
  • Request a Podium and Classroom keys from the Business Manager. It is the responsibility of each faculty member to lock their classroom when they leave it. The key card must be swiped TWICE to lock the door. Faculty should never prop open a classroom and leave it unattended. IT technicians are available to instruct faculty on the appropriate use of the key cards and can be contacted via the IT Help Desk at Extension 7100.
  • Purchase a Parking Decal as soon as you are confirmed as an Adjunct Faculty (Campus Police & Safety is in the Campus Support Building.)
  • Obtain an ID card at Office of the Dean of Student Affairs in the Student Union building.

At departure:

  • At the end of the semester, complete a Departing Faculty Check-Off Form with all the departments listed on the form and check with Department Secretary for list of documents the College needs to keep on hand (grade roster, syllabus, and semester grades by assignment).
  • Unless prior approval is granted from the Department Chair, adjunct faculty may not award an incomplete grade to a student.