Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website www.fgcu.edu/graduate or contact Graduate Studies at 239-590-7988 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application for admission and additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program. Applicants should check with the program for the most up to date admission requirements prior to commencing the application process.
Program Admission Requirements
1. General Admission Requirements
- Earned undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Provide an official copy of all academic transcripts and Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores or GRE scores. The exam must have been taken within the last five years. Exceptions to the five year time limit may be considered on a case-by-case basis with submission of documented relevant work experience illustrating increasing responsibilities and/or supervisory experience.
- Applicants must have: total points of 1050 or more (GPA x 200 + GMAT) — and one of the following:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in upper division coursework (last 60 credit hours) with a GMAT or equivalent GRE score of 450 -or-
- Score of 500 or higher on the GMAT or equivalent score on GRE.
- GMAT/ GRE requirement is waived for applicants with a minimum 3.0 GPA in upper division coursework (last 60 credit hours) from an AACSB undergraduate business degree program within the last 7 years.
- GMAT/GRE requirement is waived for applicants with a graduate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or equivalent foreign institution within the last 7 years.
- International students must have a satisfactory score on the TOEFL exam (minimum score of 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 79 internet-based for international students from countries where English is not the primary language).
- Prior to admission to a graduate program, students may complete a maximum of 9 credit hours of graduate level courses on a non-degree seeking basis.
2. Course Waiver
- The program is divided into:
- 9 credit hours of foundation courses
- 30 credit hours of required core courses
- 6 credit hours of elective courses
- Up to a maximum of 9 credit hours of foundation courses may be waived by equivalent undergraduate or graduate courses completed at a regionally accredited institution within the last six years with a grade of C or higher.
- Note: Without waivers, the program length is 45 credit hours.
- Course equivalences are as follows:
- (FIN 5405) Foundations of Econ/Finance:
- Micro and Macro Economics (ECO 2013 and 2023) and
- Business Finance (FIN 3403) -or- Resort & Hospitality Financial Management (HFT 4464)
- (MAN 6501) Management/Marketing Concepts:
- Principles of Management (MAN 3025) -or- Resort & Hospitality Leadership & Management (HFT 3004) and
- Principles of Marketing (MAR 3023) -or- Resort & Hospitality Marketing (HFT 3573)
- (ISM 6021) Management Information Systems:
- MIS upper division course (ISM 3011) -or-
- Hospitality Information Technology (HFT 3223)
3. Computer Proficiency
- To successfully complete the MBA program, students should be proficient in basic computer technology. See college academic advisor for additional information.
4. Tuition Support