Section 508 Website Accessibility

Skip to site navigation Skip to main content
Skip to main content
Lutgert College of Business

Lutgert College of Business

Graduate Advising



Schedule an Appointment

To schedule an appointment with the graduate advisor, please click here.

Prospective graduate students please call (239) 590-7302 to schedule an appointment.


Back to Top


General Information

The Graduate Academic Advisor is responsible for answering administrative questions, providing course approval, reviewing program requirements, evaluating academic transcripts and articulating transfer courses, preparing degree audits, and certifying graduation for all graduate students. In addition, faculty serve as career advisors to assist students with career development. Students are expected to take primary responsibility to meet with their academic advisor and career advisor on a regular basis to tailor their program of study to meet their individual needs and to insure completion of all requirements for graduation.

If you can't find the information you need on the website, contact the Graduate Academic Advisor:

Mr. Andy MacDiarmid
(239) 590-7302


 Back to Top


Course Loads and Time Limitation

The following guidelines have been established to assist students with choosing acceptable course loads and completion of the graduate programs in a timely manner:

    • Full-time students are required to enroll for a minimum of 9 credit hours per semester.
    • Part-time students are encouraged to enroll for 6 credit hours per semester.
    • All graduate degree requirements must be completed within seven years from the time a student is officially admitted to the program.


Back to Top


Grading Policy

The College has established the following grading policy for graduate programs:

   Letter Grade  Description  Point Value 
A   Superior 4.0
A - Above Average 3.7
B + Above Average 3.3
B   Average 3.0
B - Below Average 2.7
C + Below Average 2.3
C   Below Average 2.0
F   Failure 0.0
I   - Incomplete 0.0
NR   - Not Reported by professor 0.0
S   - Satisfactory 0.0
T   - Transfer grade 0.0
U   - Unsatisfactory 0.0
W   - Withdrawal without academic penalty 0.0
WF   - Withdrawal with academic penalty 0.0
X   - Audit (no academic credit) 0.0


Student grades are available on Gulfline (


Back to Top


Incomplete Grades

The grade of I (signifying incomplete performance of course material in the allotted time) is assigned only upon demonstration of satisfactory performance in the course and some exceptional circumstance which makes it impossible to complete the specific course requirements within the normal academic period.

An incomplete grade may be awarded at the discretion of the professor in consultation with the student. To initiate consideration for an incomplete grade, the student must contact the professor and complete an Incomplete Grade Agreement form prior to the end of the semester. The agreement should include a description of the work to be completed, the date by which the work is to be submitted, and the signatures of the student and professor showing approval. An incomplete grade is not computed in the grade point average. The incomplete must be completed by the end of the first non-summer semester in which the student is enrolled after the incomplete was given. Failure to comply will result in a grade of F for the course.


Back to Top


Academic Standing

Graduate students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) throughout the program, and a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation. Failure to maintain the 3.0 GPA places the student on academic probation. The student has one semester to bring the average back up to a 3.0. Failure to do so may result in academic suspension from the program. In addition, a graduate student who receives three grades of C or lower is automatically suspended from the program.


Back to Top


Transfer of Credits

Students may transfer a maximum of six credit hours of approved graduate level coursework from a regionally accredited institution. All transfer courses must have been completed within the past five years with a grade of B or higher. The evaluation of academic transcripts and articulation of transfer courses must be approved by the appropriate academic department. Refer to relevant program sections for course waiver guidelines.


Back to Top


Academic Internships

Academic Internships are available to both Undergraduate and Graduate students.

For more information, go to the Academic Internships page.


Back to Top