Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website www.fgcu.edu/graduate or contact Graduate Studies at 239-590-7988 or email@example.com for an application for admission and additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program. Applicants should check with the program for the most up to date admission requirements prior to commencing the application process.
Program Admission Requirements
1. General Admission Requirements
- Earned undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Provide an official copy of all academic transcripts and Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores or GRE scores. The exam must have been taken within the last five years. Exceptions to the five year time limit may be considered on a case-by-case basis with submission of documented relevant work experience illustrating increased responsibilities and/or supervisory experience.
- Equivalency between the GMAT score and the GRE score is established using the ETS comparison table https://wwww.ets.org/gre/institutions/about/mba/comparison_tool.
- Applicants must have total points of 1050 or more (GPA x 200 + GMAT) — and one of the following:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in upper division coursework (last 60 credit hours) with a GMAT or equivalent GRE score of 450
- Score of 500 or higher on the GMAT or equivalent score on GRE.
- GMAT/GRE requirement is waived for applicants with a minimum 3.0 GPA in upper division coursework (last 60 credit hours) from an AACSB undergraduate business degree program within the last 7 years.
- GMAT/GRE requirement is waived for applicants with a graduate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or equivalent foreign institution within the last 7 years.
- International students must have a satisfactory score on the TOEFL exam (minimum score of 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 79 internet-based for international students from countries where English is not the primary language).
- Prior to admission to a graduate program, students may complete a maximum of 9 credit hours of graduate level courses on a non-degree basis.
2. Additional Admission Requirements
- Applicants to the master's program in ISA must complete the following prerequisite courses or equivalent:
- Any approved programming language
- Database concepts & administration or equivalent
- Management Information Systems