Single Stream Recycling
FGCU commingles recyclables. You can place plastics 1-7, glass, metal and paper all in the same bin!
What to RECYCLE in BLUE BINS:
- Aluminum: beverage cans, aluminum foil, aluminum pie tins
- Glass: clear, brown, or green glass bottles and jars
- Metal: soup, fruit, juice, pet food, tuna, and vegetable cans; fully emptied aerosol cans
- Paper: newspaper; magazines; brown, white, and colored paper bags; phone books; junk mail; catalogs; office and computer paper; corrugated cardboard (such as moving boxes); cardboard (such as cereal boxes, gift boxes, pasta boxes, etc.); gift wrapping paper (no ribbons or bows please)
- Plastic: containers marked #1 through #7, including water bottles, milk jugs, detergent and bleach bottles, soda bottles, shampoo bottles, butter or whipped topping tubs; #2 black nursery plant pots
Note: While cleaner is better, recyclable items do NOT have to be perfectly clean before throwing it in the campus recycling bins. Please empty cans, bottles, and other containers as much as possible and toss it into the bin.
What to do with....
Batteries and Cellular Telephones
Bottles and Cans
Paper,Cardboard, and Newsprint
ADDITIONAL RECYCLING LOCATIONS FOR OTHER ITEMS ON CAMPUS:
*FGCU collects plastic bags and Styrofoam in the Work Management Center, Campus Support Complex, Room 30.
For questions, comment or concerns please contact Vikki McConnell, Physical Plant, 590-1314.
NOT RECYCLABLE - Please DISPOSE in WASTE RECEPTACLES:
- Aluminum: pots and pans, cooking utensils, door screens, lawn furniture
- Glass: medicine bottles, dishes, drinking glasses, windows and mirrors, cookware (such as Pyrex or Corning)
- Metal: tools, car parts, license plates, cutlery
- Paper: shredded paper, paper packaging with wax layer such as in juice boxes or waxed cardboard
- Plastic: *plastic bags, *Styrofoam, *polystyrene, plastic utensils, straws, motor oil and antifreeze containers, household chemical waste containers, flower pots (except black #2), medicine vials, egg cartons