Section 508 Website Accessibility

Skip to site navigation Skip to main content
Skip to main content
MSE Header

Master of Science in Engineering

Tuition, Fees, and Financial Assistance


Tuition and Fees

Information on tuition, fees and estimated total cost of attendance is available on the Office of the Bursar website.


Scholarships and Tuition Waivers

Scholarships and tuition waivers are available to degree-seeking graduate students and can be used for books, tuition, or other expenses.  See the tuition support page on the Office of Graduate Studies website for more information. 


Financial Aid

Visit FGCU's Financial Aid website for information about grants, scholarships, loans, and student employment.


Graduate Assistantships

A limited number of graduate assistantships are available for full-time students (those enrolled in 9 or more credit hours per semester). Graduate assistantships are competitive and based on a candidate's academic record and relevant experience rather than financial need. Assistants work 20 hours per week for the university teaching and/or conducting directed research. To be eligible for a graduate assistantship, you must: 

  • be a U.S. citizen or legal resident,
  • meet the admission requirements for the M.S. in Engineering,
  • be a new applicant to the M.S. in Engineering,
  • not be employed outside of the University during the assistantship award period. 

Application Process:  In the Statement of Objectives you submit as part of your online application to the program, please indicate that you would like to be considered for a graduate assistantship. Include a brief explanation of your academic and research interests. You must submit a completed application by March 15 to be considered for an assistantship.  Applicants usually are notified of the award status by April 15.


Other Types of Financial Aid

Other types of financial aid not listed above may become available.  For more information, contact Dr. John Woolschlager, Director of Engineering Graduate Programs at or at (239) 590-1897.