NATIONAL SUMMER TRANSPORTATION INSTITUTE
The NSTI at FGCU is a three-week no-cost non-residential transportation campthat will run from July 9, 2018 to July 26, 2018.
The camp curriculum, which has a STEM focus, is built mainly around Transportation Engineering.
Both academic components and personal enhancement activities are planned within the curriculum.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Two letters of recommendation by appropriate personnel from a school and/ or community agency
- Completed application
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior in the 2018/ 2019 school year
- Official High School Transcript
- DEADLINE: Will Come Later
FGCU Emergent Technologies Institute (ETI)
16301 Innovation Lane
Fort Myers, FL 33913
The program runs from 9:00am– 4:30pm
Apply early as seats are limited to 25 openings
Application information will be available in March
For more information, email us at email@example.com or call at 239-590-7479.
- Popsicle stick bridge building
- Miniature solar go-kart
- GPS; Mapping
- Flight simulation
- Build a robot
- Add breadboard multimeter, speedometer
- Compute distance using maxbotix ultrasonic distance sensor
- Interpret software codes
- Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)
- Lee County Department of Transportation – Traffic Section
- Florida Department of Transportation – SWIFT SunGuide Center
- Civil Engineering project in action