How to Appeal Your Citation
- Log onto your Gulfline account at: http://gulfline.fgcu.edu/
- If you are a student, click the Student and Financial Aid link; if you are an employee, click the Employee link
- A new page will load where you will choose the Parking Services link
- A new page will load titled “Bosscars”; Click the link that reads Outstanding Citations
- Outstanding citations will appear; click the radio button of the citation you would like to appeal
- Type your appeal comment (see note above if you wish to appear before the board) then click submit
- A verification screen will appear and your account credited pending the disposition of the appeal
The purpose of the appeal procedure is to provide Faculty/Staff, Students and Visitors with a channel for the administrative settlement of a parking citation. In addition to providing the appellant with the opportunity of having an appeal heard and considered, this procedure will assist Parking Services Division by providing additional means for internal resolution of issues and improving lines of communication. The Traffic Appeals Board shall consider any facts or evidence, which is relevant to its determination of the appeal. Lack of parking spaces or the failure of others to observe regulations shall not be valid defenses to violation of the University’s parking and traffic regulations.
The decision of the traffic Appeals Board is final without further right of review. When an appeal is denied, the fine assessed for the violation shall be paid within ten (10) days of notification or a late fee of $10.00 will be assessed. The appellant will also be subject to any other administrative action authorized by regulations to collect all outstanding fines and fees.
Appeals of citations for parking infractions are instituted by filing a written appeal and submitting to Parking Services Division. Visitors may obtain an appeals form by following the link on the documents tab of this site or from the Parking Services office. Faculty/Staff and Students shall file appeals electronically through Gulfline.
- Parking citations can be appealed and paid online.
- Appeals must be submitted within 10 calendar days from the date the citation was issued. After 10 calendar days the citation can no longer be appealed.
- Please note, a late fee of $10 is assessed automatically after 10 calendar days if a citation is not paid or appealed.
- Appeals are submitted online through http://gulfline.fgcu.edu/.The appeal goes through three levels of review. If denied at the first and second level the appeal is automatically forwarded to the Traffic Appeals Board. The Traffic Appeals Board oversees all denied appeals. Decisions by the Board are final and without the right of further review.
- If your appeal has been denied, you have 10 calendar days to make payment or a late fee will be assessed.
- An appellant who desires to appear before the Board to state their appeal in person must state in their online appeal their desire to appear. Failure to appear will result in denial of appeal.
- If you wish to appear before the Board, type the following comment in the 1st line of your appeal: “If denied at level 1 and level 2, I wish to appear before the Appeals Board.” You will be notified via e-mail of the date and time to appear.
- You will be notified via e-mail when a decision has been made.