Organization of Regional Reaffirmation Process
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools-Commission on Colleges 2014-2015 Reaffirmation of Accreditation
Organization of Reaffirmation Process
- Coordinating and managing the internal review process, including developing the structure and timelines for ensuring the timely completion of all tasks and attending the Orientation Meeting conducted by the Commission on Colleges.
- Coordinating the completion of the Compliance Certification by overseeing the institutional review of the extent of compliance with the Principles of Accreditation and the documentation of evidence supporting the extent of compliance.
- Ensuring that the institutional community is engaged in the review process and is informed of the progress of the review.
- Overseeing the completion and ensuring the accuracy of the Institutional Summary Form submitted at the time of the Orientation Meeting, included with the Compliance Certification, and updated for the On-Site Reaffirmation Committee.
- Developing the Focused Report, if the institution so chooses.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of the Quality Enhancement Plan
- Overseeing arrangements for the on-site visit.
- Ensuring that the appropriate follow-up activities are in place to address compliance issues cited by the Off-Site Reaffirmation Committee, recommendations written by the On-Site Reaffirmation Committee, if any, and requests for subsequent monitoring reports by the SACSCOC Board of Trustees, if any.
- SACS Leadership Team
- President Wilson Bradshaw – Chair
- Student Government Vice President Cory Mentzer
- Faculty Senate President and FGCU Trustee Shawn Felton
- Vice President and Chief of Staff Susan Evans
- Vice President and General Counsel Vee Leonard
- Vice President for Administrative Services and Finance Steve Magiera
- Vice President for Student Affairs Michael Rollo
- Associate Provost and Associate Vice President Paul Snyder
- Staff Advisory Council President Nicole Black
- Vice President for Advancement and Executive Director of the University foundation Christopher Simoneau
- Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Ronald Toll
- Coordinate completion of work and ensure its accuracy on behalf of the Leadership Team
- Interface with SACS on all questions that arise
- Oversee arrangements for the on-site review on behalf of the Leadership Team
Compliance Certification Working Group
- Assist in the compilation of the compliance report
- Coordinated by Accreditation Liaison, supported by PIP, and reviewed by Assessment Council
Quality Enhancement Plan Development Committee
- Conceive and draft the QEP
- Ensure involvement of university community
Office of Planning and Institutional Performance
- Provide logistical support to the reaffirmation as needed including training and maintenance of the Accreditation Management System