Section 508 Website Accessibility

Skip to site navigation Skip to main content
Skip to main content
Office of the Registrar

Office of the Registrar

Degree Verification, Grades, Records, and Transcript Requests


As a unit within Academic Affairs, the Office of the Registrar's mission is to provide a service-oriented environment to the campus and community. The primary purpose of the office is to establish and maintain student academic records for the University. In this role, the office is committed to providing efficient and quality support services to all students, alumni, faculty, staff and other members of the campus and community while preserving the privacy and security of the records.

Degree Verifications

FGCU has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree verifications. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:
Web: Mail: National Student Clearinghouse 2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300 Herndon, VA 20171



Grades are due within two days of the end of each semester. FGCU does not automatically mail out grades, these are available to all students through GULFLINE. Please refer to the University Catalog for policies regarding incomplete grades and grade appeals.


Student Records

The official academic records of students are housed in the SCT Banner student information system and in the Registrar's Office. Students have a right to access their records and may do so by submitting a request in writing (Student Record Review Request). Additionally, students may restrict access to their academic record or conversely allow access to designated people. Detailed information is available on the FERPA site.

Address, name and residency reclassification: Changes to a student's name and address must be submitted in writing and in the case of a name change be accompanied by supporting documentation.

Reclassification of state residency for tuition purposes is not automatic. All requests for change in residency for current and enrolled students should be submitted to the Registrar's Office for committee review. Supporting hardcopy documents must be attached to the request form. All requests for a change in residency must be submitted by the first day of the late registration period.

All forms required for changes in students records are at FORMS.