Dear Step Ahead Student:
Congratulations on your admission to Florida Gulf Coast University! Exploratory Advising looks forward to the opportunity of working with you as you progress through the Step Ahead program during the Summer B session, and into your career as an FGCU undergraduate student.
At this time, you have been offered admission to FGCU through participation in the Step Ahead Program for Summer 2019 by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Please note that you are required to complete the Step Ahead Program during the Summer B 2019 term in order to enroll in Fall 2019 courses at FGCU. In order to confirm your participation in the Step Ahead program, you must take the following steps (in order):
1) Sign up for mandatory Eagle View Orientation by logging into Gulfline, and pay associated Orientation fees. Summer Orientation dates available to students participating in Step Ahead are: May 22-23, May 29-30, June 5-6, June 12-13, June 17-18, June 19-20 (Students participating in Step Ahead must select one of these dates.)
2) After signing up for Orientation, confirm your reserved space in the program submitting a fully completed Program Acceptance Agreement (sent to student via email after admission to FGCU) to the Step Ahead Coordinator. This Agreement can be scanned/emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. *Space is limited; first come, first served!*
3) Students Requiring Summer Housing: Complete documentation for Summer 2019 on-campus housing and pay application fee by priority deadline. For instructions, click here.
4) Students Requiring Fall/Spring Housing: Complete documentation for Fall 2019-Spring 2020 on-campus housing and pay application fee by priority deadline. For instructions, click here.
5) Students must complete a 2018-2019 FAFSA in order to receive the Step Ahead Scholarship. The FAFSA can be completed at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
6) Submit completed immunization paperwork to Student Health Services to avoid account holds. For more information, click here.
7) Notify Exploratory Advising at email@example.com of any accelerated credit expected prior to course registration, including AP, IB, Cambridge AICE, Dual Enrollment. This will be completed via a survey sent by Exploratory Advising.
It is also strongly recommended that all students attending FGCU review the First Year Advising website prior to attending Orientation. This will give you information on what to expect at Orientation, as well as insight into the courses taken for each major, graduation requirements, and other academic policies and information. The First Year Advising website can be viewed here.
If you have any questions regarding the information presented, please do not hesitate to contact Exploratory Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to confirming your participation in the Step Ahead program for Summer 2019 and working with you in the future!