Q: When teaching, should we ask or should we tell?
A: For STEM, the research says we should ASK!!!! (Freeman et al.)
The Whitaker Center works with faculty interested in STEM Education, STEM scholarship, and STEM research.
We can assist you with:
- Learn about the Learning Assistant Program Closed for 2019
- Incorporating evidence-based teaching practices into your classroom (SPARCT)
- Mini-grants to support for your STEM Education research or presentation
- Mini-grants to support student travel to present their research
- Holmes Development Fund(up to $5000 for collaborative proposals) Closed for 2018
- External grant development
- (We are happy to review proposals, suggest pieces for Broader Impacts, or assist with proposal evaluation – contact us!)
- Provide summer scholarships for research students