- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete both of the following:
- SYD 4602 Community Based Entrepreneurs(3)
- SYD 4603 Community Development (3)
Complete one of the following:
- SYD 3410 Urban Sociology (3)
- SYD 4020 Global Population (3)
- SYD 4513 Environment, Health & Justice (3)
- SYP 4444 International Development (3)
Choose 6 hours from the following:
- IDS 3300 Foundations of Civic Engagement (3)
- SYD 3410 Urban Sociology (3)*
- SYD 3730 Sociology of African Americans (3)
- SYD 4020 Global Population (3)*
- SYD 4513 Environment, Health & Justice (3)*
- SYO 3400 Medical Sociology (3)
- SYO 3530 Social Stratification (3)
- SYO 4180 Sociology of Work and Family (3)
- SYO 4551 Comp Sociology - World Problems (3)
- SYP 4444 International Development (3)*
- SYP 4741 Soc. Org. of Death & Dying (3)
*Courses taken in one elective category cannot be used to satisfy another elective category.
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED: 15
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 9/22/2017.