Biochemistry, Chemistry and Forensic Science majors are not eligible for the minor in Chemistry.
- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete each of the following:
- CHM 1045C General Chemistry I (4) or (CHM 1045 (3) and CHM 1045L (1))
- CHM 1046C General Chemistry II (4) or (CHM 1046 (3) and CHM 1046L (1))
- CHM 2210C Organic Chemistry I (4) or (CHM 2210 (3) and CHM 2210L (1))
- CHM 2211C Organic Chemistry II (4) or (CHM 2211 (3) and CHM 2211L (1))
Complete two of the following:
- BCH 3023C Biochemistry (3)*
- BCH 3025C Analytical Biochemistry (3)
- BCH 4033C Advanced Biochemistry I (4)*
- BCH 4034C Advanced Biochemistry II (4)
- CHM 3120 Analytical Chemistry (3) and CHM 3120L Analytical Chemistry Lab (1)
- CHM 3400 Principles of Phys. Chem. (3) and CHM 3400L Principles of Phys. Chem Lab (1)
- CHM 3610 Inorganic Chemistry (3) and CHM 3610L Inorganic Chemistry Lab (1)
- CHM 4080C Advanced Environmental Chemistry (3)
- CHM 4130 Instrumental Analysis (3) and CHM 4130L Instrumental Analysis Lab (1)
- CHM 4174C Lasers in Physical Sciences (3)
- CHM 4220C Advanced Organic Chemistry (3)
- CHM 4230C Practical NMR Spectroscopy (3)
- CHM 4300 Bio-organic Chemistry (3)
- CHM 4431 Statistical Thermodynamics (3)
- CHM 4512 Computational Modeling (3)
- CHM 4671 Bioinorganic Chemistry (3)
- CHM 4714C Materials Chemistry (3)
- CHS 4533C Forensic Biochemistry (3)
- CHS 4544C Forensic Chemistry (3)
*Students may not count BOTH BCH 3023C and BCH 4033C towards the minor
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED: 22-24
Transfer Notes and Acceptable Substitutes
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.
The information contained in this catalog excerpt is intended for informational purposes only. Every effort is made to provide this information as accurately as possible at the time of publication; however, the university reserves the right to revise any section or part without notice or obligation. Printed on: 10/23/2017.