Section 508 Website Accessibility

Skip to site navigation Skip to main content
Skip to main content
College of Education

College of Education

Certification 4


I have at least a bachelor’s degree and hold a valid standard teaching certificate or license from another state.

If you meet the above qualifications, becoming certified to teach in Florida is a fairly simple process. Click on and follow the instructions.

It is to your advantage to apply for Florida certification in the same subject area as your current out-of-state certification or license. If you wish to add additional subjects onto your Florida Professional Teaching Certificate after you receive it that can be accomplished by passing Florida Teacher Certification Exams (FTCE). Go to for more information about the exams.