FGCU's Legislative Priorities
Please check back in November for FGCU’s 2020 Legislative Priorities
FGCU’s Approved 2019 Legislative Priorities
FGCU’s 2019 Legislative Priorities
INTEGRATED WATERSHED AND COASTAL STUDIES, AB9 - $25,446,496 (Remaining PECO Need)
- These funds will complete the construction phase of the Integrated Watershed and Coastal Studies (AB9).
- This new academic building will address the current deficit of laboratory and classroom space on campus verified by the FGCU 2012-2013 Educational Plant Survey, dated March 2013, and the Educational Plant Survey approved by the State University System on January 2014.
- By addressing this current deficit, FGCU will provide additional class offerings in areas of strategic emphasis (STEM), which will improve our retention and four-year graduation rates and provide an added incentive to attract high achieving and academically talented students.
Total project budget: $56 M
Appropriated 2016-17 $3.8 M
(Special Session A) $12.7 M
Appropriated 2018-19 $14 M
Requested 2019-20 $25.5 M Total Project
FGCU OPERATIONAL FUNDING/STUDENT SUCCESS - $12,385,000 (Recurring Operational Funding)
Funding will allow FGCU to:
- Continue progress in 4-year graduation and retention rates that is responsive to the
“Florida Excellence in Higher Education Act”;
- Continue implementation of Student Success and Enrollment Management
- expanded on campus student programs and service learning program
- improve intrusive advising;
- Invest in incentive based scholarships and work study programs to attract and graduate high-achieving students in four years who are prepared to enter the workforce;
- Develop a depth of library resources;
- Offer programs to support our region’s business community with high-wage employment opportunities;
- Deliver and foster growth in entrepreneurship programs
- adult degree completion program
- graduate certificate program;
- Advance FGCU’s Water Resource Management Program;
- Expand undergraduate and doctorate nursing programs;
- Invest in innovative Public/Private Educational Partnerships, including a PreK-12 Lab School; and
- Maintain plant operations and modernize the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System for efficiency.