Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website www.fgcu.edu/graduate or contact Graduate Studies at 239-590-7988 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application for admission and additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program. Applicants should check with the program for the most up to date admission requirements prior to commencing the application process.
The application deadline for priority admission to the DNP Program is March 1. After March 1, applications may be accepted on a space available basis. Students are admitted to the program for the Fall semester only.
The BSN to DNP is for students who hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from a regionally accredited institution and a BSN program accredited by CCNE or ACEN, or the equivalent bachelor's degree in nursing from a foreign institution. The BSN to DNP curriculum requires 81 credit hours of coursework that includes a minimum of 1000 practice hours and a DNP Project. The program is designed to be completed in either a full-time or part-time plan of study. Classes will be offered in a variety of formats including face-to-face, online, hybrid and clinical practice.
BSN to DNP Major Application Requirements: PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE BOTH APPLICATIONS.
Supplemental School of Nursing Application: Apply to the School of Nursing by completing a supplemental application for admission in NursingCAS, a centralized application system for nursing programs.
- In NursingCAS, provide unofficial transcript(s) for all colleges and universities attended, including a bachelor’s degree transcript from a CCNE or Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) nursing program and a regionally accredited institution, or the equivalent bachelor's degree in a nursing program from a foreign institution.
- Show evidence of a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Provide copy of an unrestricted Florida RN license, or eligibility for the RN licensure in Florida.
- Provide a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Provide personal statement of professional goals in 300 to 350 words.
- Show completion of the following undergraduate level nursing courses with a grade of "C" or better: Health Assessment and Statistics.
- Provide a copy of Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores, taken within the last 5 years that are competitive on quantitative, verbal, and analytical.
- If applicable, applicants who have attended but not completed another DNP or doctoral nursing program must provide an official transcript from that program and a letter of standing from the dean of the school of nursing (or designee) that also addresses potential for success in a DNP program.
- A personal interview may be required with designated faculty.
- Provide three professional references that indicate your potential for doctoral study, clinical proficiency, and academic competence. References should include at least one from a faculty and one from a supervisor. If not currently employed a supervisor reference may be from a service related activity. Please request references through NursingCAS in the Applicant Evaluation Section.
FGCU Graduate Application for Admission: Apply to the University through the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Provide the Office of Graduate Admissions with official transcript(s) for all colleges and universities attended, including a bachelor’s degree transcript from a CCNE or Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) nursing program and a regionally accredited institution, or the equivalent bachelor's degree in a nursing program from a foreign institution.
- Provide evidence of a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Provide the Office of Graduate Admissions with Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores, taken within the last 5 years that are competitive on quantitative, verbal, and analytical.