The application deadline is January 15 for a fall start date and all materials must be received in the Graduate Admission Office by that date. Application materials are available from the links below. Admission to the program is competitive. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the program.
Please email email@example.com to let the program know if you retake the GRE's or resubmit any of your application materials after they were originally submitted.
Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website www.fgcu.edu/graduate or contact Graduate Studies at 239-590-7988 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application for admission and additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program.
Program Admission Requirements
- Baccalaureate degree in any field. An official transcript from a regionally accredited college or university must be submitted; degree may be pending completion at time of application.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher in prerequisite courses (listed below).
- Completed Documentation of Volunteer/Shadowing Hours form documenting at least 10 hours of volunteer or shadowing experience in at least two (2) OT practice environments in accordance with Guidelines for Volunteer/Shadowing Hours. Must be signed by an OT or COTA including credentials.
- A competitive Graduate Record Exam (GRE) taken within the last 5 years: Verbal (minimum score of 143), Quantitative (minimum score of 143), Analytical Writing (minimum score of 3.0). Test scores are evaluated based upon one test date and must include all three sections.
- Completed Graduate Studies application submitted online with $30.00 application fee and a completed Occupational Therapy Supplemental Application.
- Personal statement in accordance with Personal Statement Guidelines.
- Interview (arranged by invitation when all other application materials have been received and reviewed).
- The following prerequisite courses or the equivalent must be completed with a grade of C or better (a grade of C- or less is not acceptable). Students may complete three prerequisites in the summer session after provisional acceptance into the program. All requirements must be completed before beginning the graduate level of study. Courses noted in parentheses are FGCU courses that meet the requirement:
- Two courses in human anatomy & physiology w/lab (BSC 1085C & BSC 1086C). It is highly recommended that labs not be completed online. Must be completed before taking OTH3417C & OTH3429C
- Any abnormal psychology or psychopathology course (CLP 3140)
- Any lifespan human development course (DEP 2004)
- Research course with health professions or behavioral research focus (IHS 4504)
- Any musculoskeletal anatomy course w/lab (OTH 3417C)
- Any neuroanatomy/neurophysiology course (OTH 3429C)
- Any introductory physics or qualified physical science course (PHY 2020, PHY 2048C or PHY 2053C)
- Any general psychology course (PSY 2012)
- Any statistics course (STA 2023 or STA 2037)
- Any sociology or anthropology course with a multicultural theme (SYG 2000, SYG 2010, SYG 2250, ANT 2000, or ANT 2410)
Costs - In State and Out of State