Our office will be recognized as a leader in the State University System in supporting students to graduate in four years and obtaining employment immediately after graduation.
FGCU Career Development Services is dedicated to supporting the mission of the University and the Division of Student Affairs by promoting student learning and development and helping students fulfill their career expectations. Within this context, we assist students in developing and implementing career, education, and employment plans and decisions. Our services are designed to help students:
- Develop self-knowledge related to career choice and work performance by identifying, assessing, and understanding their competencies, interests, values, and personal characteristics.
- Obtain educational and occupational information to aid their career and educational planning and to develop their understanding of the world of work.
- Select personally suitable academic programs and experiential opportunities that optimize future educational and employment options.
- Prepare to find suitable employment by developing job-search skills, effective candidate presentation skills, and an understanding of the fit between their competencies and both occupational and job requirements.
- Gain experience through student activities, community service, student employment, research projects, cooperative education, internships, and other opportunities.
- Link with alumni, employers, professional organizations, and others who will provide opportunities to develop professional interests and competencies, integrate academic learning with work, and explore future career possibilities.
- Gain entry into an appropriate educational, graduate, or professional program.
- Prepare to manage their careers after graduation.
As a member of the Division of Student Affairs, we believe:
- Individuals grow and develop in unique ways.
- Learning occurs throughout the entire University experience.
- There is value in diversity of ideas, beliefs and culture.
- A strong community is committed to mutual respect, collaboration and care.
- A healthy lifestyle enhances success in learning, life and career.
- The quality of the University experience is determined by personal choices.