Traveling domestically or internationally with your RSO?
- All Registered Student Organizations traveling off campus for an event, conference, or any activity where they are representing the student organization and FGCU, a representative from the organization are required to complete the Domestic Travel Planning Form on EagleLink 3 weeks prior to the departure date.
- If your group plans to travel internationally, please contact the Office of Student Involvement at least six months prior to your anticipated travel date.
Preparing for Domestic Travel
Mileage Calculator: http://maps.randmcnally.com/mileage-calculator.do
Fuel Estimator: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/trip/#?
Preparing for International Travel
Health Insurance Vendors
International Travel Packet
FGCU International Services
Travel Planning Checklist
Below is a basic guide for planning travel with your organization. As it is with any type of trip, it is best to prepare in advance, the more time the better.
RESEARCH AND INFOMATION YOU NEED TO COMPLETE BEFORE YOU BOOK TRAVEL
- Why and where is your organization traveling?
- How will your organization decide who will travel?
- How will you be getting to your destination?
- Personal vehicle
- Rental Vehicle
- Are you staying overnight? If so, where?
- Financing of Travel
- How much will the trip cost?
- Are there fees for the conference/exhibit/etc.?
- How much does your organization have in your travel account?
- What can each person expect to pay out of pocket for travel?
6-8 WEEKS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE DATE
- Pre-trip planning meeting
- Decide where you will be going
- Decide who will be going and complete travel planning form and travel waivers.
- Travel Form and Waivers submitted to Office of Student InvolvementPay for conferences fees
- NO PURCHASES OF TRAVEL CAN BE MADE WITHOUT THE TRAVEL PLANNING FORM AND TRAVEL WAIVERS SUBMITTED
- Book method of transportationBook Hotel or arrange accommodations for those staying overnight
- Book airline tickets
- Reserve Rental Car
1-2 WEEKS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE DATE
- Pre-trip meeting
- Review itinerary and call participants of other organization members to remind them of any further details of the trip and answer questions.
- Confirm reservations with hotel, campground or other accommodations
DAY OF TRAVEL
- Do a traveler roll call. Make sure you have everyone contact number and you have a copy of their travel waivers, which have their emergency contact information.
- Travel safely!