Standards of Fraternal Excellence Program
Fraternity and Sorority Life Mission Statement
The Florida Gulf Coast University Fraternity and Sorority Life Community believes in respect and equality for all of its members, providing Brotherhood and Sisterhood through service, scholarship, and leadership opportunities that contribute to and improve the college experience.
FGCU's Greek Community fulfills this mission by:
- Promoting the intellectual, social, recreational, moral, and career development of students
- Providing opportunities for training in leadership to enhance personal and social skills
- Promoting student involvement in co-curricular activities
- Offering undergraduates an opportunity for personal development, organizational management, and self-governance
- Fostering an appreciation for different lifestyles and cultural heritages
- Promoting scholarship and participation in community service projects
- Fostering and building strong alumni relationships
Purpose of the Standards of Fraternal Excellence Program
- To encourage practices that will allow our chapters to provide education, resources, and encouragement to their members that will translate into success in college for both the students and for the chapters.
- To provide a set of minimum standards by which all fraternity and sorority chapters will be measured annually in order to maintain a level of good standing with the institution and their national organization.
- To aggregate data on our Fraternity and Sorority Community that will help show the impact of the experience on their members, to the community and the university.
VIEW THE FULL STANDARDS OF FRATERNAL EXCELLENCE PROGRAM